Detroit-style pizza is a square pizza with an irresistibly crunchy crust. Baked in a tall pan, the crust is thick but light with a crispy bottom. A signature element of every Detroit-style pizza is the caramelized-cheese exterior that makes the last bite of every slice just as good as the first.
1) Thaw. For best results, thaw fully in fridge. If short on time, remove from packaging and defrost in microwave on low power until center is soft.
2) Decide. For a softer crust, place pizza on a sheet pan or tinfoil. For a crunchier crust, place directly on rack.
3) Reheat. Place on middle rack and heat for 15-20 mins at 350. Cook times will vary since all ovens are different. Better to remove too early and put back in, than too late!
1) Turn. Most ovens are hotter towards the back, so spin your pizza anytime after halfway.
2) Trim. If cheese along the outside is turning dark but center is still cold, trim edges and continue heating - great trick when hungry!
3) Toast. Slice and serve, then put any remainder back in oven to keep warm. Turn off oven to prevent overcooking.
4) Read more here.